This article has been kindly given to the SSCA by Philip Atkins OBE, Leader of Staffordshire County Council via e-mail (email@example.com).
The County Council with partners has been at the forefront of efforts to stem the Coronavirus pandemic in Staffordshire. Our priority is to keep people safe, protect the most vulnerable and ease the pressure on the NHS and on social care. Rest assured we are doing everything we can and spend every pound needed to help Staffordshire through this.
The government has set out a three-step plan:
- Starting on Wednesday 13th May 2020, workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is open. The government is also urging more vulnerable children to attend school if they can
- To begin no earlier than 1st June 2020, nurseries and primary schools will begin a phased return beginning with early years, reception, and years one and six. Some businesses will be able to re-open and sporting events will be able to take place behind closed doors
- To start no earlier than 4th July 2020, more businesses will be able to open - although some will remain closed. The aim is to reopen businesses such as hairdressers and beauty salons.
We are coming to the end of the Covid-19 Response Phase and moving through Recovery towards Renewal.
As the UK has lowered its Covid-19 alert level from 4 to 3, meaning transmission of the virus is no longer judged to be “high or exponentially rising”, expectations have been raised that physical distancing restrictions could be cut. The downgrade, which was endorsed by all four chief medical officers, could pave the way for some physical distancing measures to be eased.
While this is good news, there is still much to do.
In this month’s edition of News You can Use…
- From the Leader of the Council
- How has Covid-19 impacted your business?
- Get the Support You Need
- Future Fund now open
- Did You Know? Sick Pay
- Staffordshire support scheme for county start-ups
- Second regional testing site opens
- NHS Test and Trace
- Concessionary bus pass arrangements return to normal
- Compost Bin Offer
- Considerate parking plea to beauty spot visitors
- Road to recovery for Staffordshire
- Dignity in Care deadline extended
- More students back to school
- Ten-year walking and cycling plan
- Beware of warm weather risks
- New digital volunteer platform
Past Issues of "News You Can Use" are available at http://www.staffordshireconservatives.cc/about/news-updates/
Philip Atkins OBE
Leader of Staffordshire County Council
|News You Can Use - June 2020.pdf||934.3 KB|