This article has been kindly given to the SSCA by Philip Atkins OBE, Leader of Staffordshire County Council via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How the world has changed since our last News You can Use.
The County Council is at the forefront of efforts to stem the Coronavirus pandemic in Staffordshire. Together with partners, our priority is to keep people safe, protect the most vulnerable and ease the pressure on the NHS and on social care. Rest assured we will do everything we can and spend every pound needed to help Staffordshire through this.
We are coming to the end of the Response Phase and moving towards Recovery and Renewal. There is much work to do as we prepare for a return to a New Normal.
This year is also the 75th anniversary of VE Day. It’s a time when we celebrate the anniversary of Victory in Europe, but as we have seen with other things, we’re having to celebrate this very differently because of Coronavirus.
It is our NHS staff, our care workers and essential workers who are leading the charge to beat the pandemic and with our staunch community spirit. It’s a battle that we’ll win.
With people no longer able to attend physical commemoration events because of the travel restrictions, keep an eye out for a series of online and virtual activities to enable people to pay tribute to those brave men and women who gave up their lives for our freedom.
In this month’s edition of News You can Use….
- From the Leader of the Council
- Follow coronavirus advice
- Show some Coronavirus Kindness
- Be vigilant to scams
- Can you help those in need?
- Register for help if extremely vulnerable
- Plastic Bottles: Recycle One and All
- Skills and apprenticeship drive continues
- Stay prepared for floods
- 93% allocated first choice secondary school
- Busting the plastic recycling myths - sign up now
- Do you want to be a part of it?
- 400,000 items of PPE delivered
- Top three school choice for 99%
- Where are we?
- Grant scheme launched for Staffordshire micro businesses affected by coronavirus outbreak
- Support available for businesses in Staffordshire whose employees face risk of redundancy as a result of coronavirus outbreak
- Covid-19 testing for essential workers
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme opens
- Can your furloughed staff help keep people safe in the fight against Covid-19?
- Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service launches
- Celebration of our 12 MPs
Past issues of News You Can Use are available at http://www.staffordshireconservatives.cc/about/news-updates/
Philip Atkins OBE
Leader of Staffordshire County Council
|News You can Use - Covid Spring 2020.pdf||1.11 MB|